Doomsday
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2017, 06:06:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
18905 Posts in 2720 Topics by 274 Members
Latest Member: dige
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Doomsday
|-+  The Wasteland - OOG Boards
| |-+  Break Our Game
| | |-+  Thrown Weapon Props
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Thrown Weapon Props  (Read 748 times)
dige
Initiate

View Profile
« on: January 29, 2017, 10:06:13 AM »

Folks,

QUESTION: What is the consensus regarding the mechanics of thrown weapons and their use?

I'm interested in rolling a character that uses thrown knives, but am looking for clarification with regards to "ammunition."  Here's a hypothetical example: Bob the Belligerent doesn't like the way Ivan the Inanimate Incandescent Bulb is eying his chocolate muffin; Bob feels that his honor is tarnished, and challenges Ivan to a duel of flying knives to restore his muffin's dignity.  Bob unfurls his trench coat (complete with dramatic, slow-motion closeup), to reveal 4 throwing knife props (all conforming to safety requires as decreed by Fearless Leader). --- At this point my question begins.

(1) Is each prop considered to be a unique weapons (e.g., Bob has 4 unique weapons, each with independently tracked rank and upgrades), just as each pistol is considered a unique weapon; or, does Bob have 1 unique weapon with 4 shots, just as a pistol is a unique weapon with a ammunition magazine?

(2) May thrown weapons immediately picked up after use, and re-thrown?

Hugs and hand grenades,
Marshall (the un-Marshal)
Erik Vine Van Allan
Xeno Marshals

Shawn Hutz

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2017, 11:24:48 AM »

For the sake of the weapon cards, all of your throwing weapons fall under one card. So if you get a plus 1 damage upgrade, they all get plus 1 damage.

As for picking them up... I think? I do it, but I've never really even thought about it cause I only carry one, haha.

Shawn your friendly rules marshal. (not named Marshall)

Erik Vine Van Allan - Steele Syndicate Leader
Brown Sector - Elysium - Space
To Hold Is To Own.

The Operator - Arbiter of Elysians

Shawn Hutz - Deputy Space Roadie/Field Marshal/Rules Marshal!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: